- The nature of data we collect from you or you share with us to let us provide you personalized services.
- The objective for gathering such data and information from you.
- The Company’s policy behind transferring and transmitting data/info with third parties.
- The Company follow up procedures and practices regarding the security and safety of data.
1.5 Please note that using the term Personal Information includes Sensitive Personal Data or Information (“SPDI”), wherever appropriate and/or mandated under the IT Act and the SPDI Rules.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We need this information to understand our customers’ requirements. This way we can provide them with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal book/record keeping.
- Data and information we collect to better our products and services.
- When you decide to leave your mobile phone number or email address with us, you may receive email, text message/SMS, WhatsApp, and RCS alerts containing product and event information, tips or promotions on your mobile phone. Please note that kashmironline.com will never send you any unsolicited email, text message/SMS, WhatsApp, etc. Kashmironline.com does not charge any remuneration for you to receive any text or WhatsApp message/SMS, or RCS with news and offers from us. However, you may be charged standard applicable rates by your mobile service provider for sending and/or receiving text, WhatsApp messages, RCS with offers and air-time.
- Your information may also be used to contact you for market research purposes via email or post. This information is gathered to customize the Website suited to your interests and preference.
We are committed to ensuring that your data/information is secure. For this, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. This will prevent unauthorized access or disclosure.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. As soon as you accept and agree, the file is added. The cookie analyzes web traffic or lets one know when they visit a site. Cookies let web applications respond to people as individuals when they interact with a particular site. The web application can tailor its operations around your likes and dislikes, and needs by collecting data and storing information about your interests and preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify the pages that are being used. This lets us analyze data about webpage traffic. We use this to improve our site to tailor it to our customer’s needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, and the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies enable us to provide a better website by monitoring which pages you find extremely useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us authority access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can anytime choose to accept or reject our cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can manually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. Note that this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES
Our Website may contain links, banners, and ads to other websites of interest. Clicking on these links will redirect you to their websites. Do note that we do not have any control over that other Website once you click these links to leave our site. Therefore, we are only limited to providing security while you surf our websites and not others. And thus, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting external sites. This privacy statement does not govern those linked sites. Make sure to exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the Website in question.
We do not store your net banking details or credit card details. All transactions and monetary processing are done through a secure third-party payment gateway provided by EBS, a leader in online payment systems and verified by Verisign (TM).
GOOGLE & FACEBOOK AUTHENTICATION
Your Google or Facebook profile information is accessed only when logging in with Google or Facebook, respectively. This information is used to fill in your basic account information in case you do not already have an account with us. This information can be accessed and changed under our Website’s “My Account” section at any time.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take your privacy seriously and will never sell, lease, or distribute your data and information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. You may, however, opt-in to receive promotional information from us about third parties that we think may be of interest to you. You are legally entitled to request details of the personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A nominal fee may apply. If you want a copy of this information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your personal information. We will be happy to update or delete any information as requested. You may also email us to request that your account and associated information be deleted. Please note that we will retain records of successful purchases made through Kashmir as required by law.